June 01, 2023

How Do I ...

Planning & Zoning

How do I propose a PUD?

A PUD is short for Planned Unit Development.   A PUD is handled through a rezoning process wherein a conceptual plan is recommended through the Planning Commission and approved through City Council.  The intent behind a PUD is to permit flexibility in regulations for development that includes a mix of land uses or is proposed for a site containing unique natural or historic featurs that the developer and city desire to preserve.

The timeline for a PUD involves two Planning Commission meetings and two City Council meetings.   One public hearing is held by each body.

Click here to download a PUD application

posted 10-26-2017 [Planning & Zoning]