June 01, 2023

How Do I ...

Planning & Zoning

How do I rezone a property?

A rezoning is otherwise referred to as a "zoning amendment".   The request for a rezoning can be initiated by City Council, the Planning Commission or by petition of the property owner.

Click here to download the Zoning Amendment (rezoning) Application

This process typically involves two meetings at Planning Commission and also two meetings at City Council.   Both bodies hold public hearings on the matter.   The time frame is approximately 3 months.

posted 02-14-2018 [Planning & Zoning]