June 13, 2024

How Do I ...


Do I need a right a way permit?

Any work within the City of Marshall's right of way must be permitted.  Typically the right of way along city streets is 66' with a few exceptions.  Must property lines can be estimated by measuring 33' from the centerline of the road.  In order to verify the width of the right of way where the work is to take place please contact the staff at the Public Services Building.

Typical work that requires a permit could be: Driveway improvement, tree planting, tree removal, water service work, and sewer service work.  (fees for tree planting will be waived)

Other requirements of the permit application could be proof of insurance, bond or cashiers check, and a plan or sketch depending on the complexity of the project.

For full rules and regulations please click here.

posted 08-30-2018 [Engineering]